We struggled in making a final decision on what we would be putting on the exterior of the house we are remodeling. Our decisions had went from log vinyl siding, brick, stucco, cypress, cedar....We finally took the plunge and went with a board and batten vinyl siding. It isn't exactly what we envisioned, but the exterior is finally covered. The addition that we had added on definitely needed to be protected from the elements. The original house is block and we went ahead and covered the whole thing to make it uniform.
The picture below is a closer view of the vinyl. It has the appearance of wood grain. There is a smaller space between the battens with the vinyl than what you would find with true board and batten. We weren't able to find anyone that had used this, so I'm hoping if anyone considers it they will be able to get a better idea of what it will look like by seeing these photos. The website of the company we purchased it from didn't really have any good examples of what we could expect.
All in all, I am happy that we are getting closer to being finished. I was hoping that we could be in by Christmas of this year, but we are working on it as time allows us. It seems like there is always something coming up that takes time away from working on the it. Ah, the joys of living on a farm!