Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Day Out and About

It seems like everything happens when Shane is not home. The other day was no exception. Shane and the kids left for their ride to the parade, while I stayed behind to finish cleaning the house before I was to leave.  I jumped out of the shower and looked at the clock and realized that I didn't have a whole lot of time to get ready, if I didn't want to be late for the parade. So off I go running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything ready (including myself... of course) Not only did I have the parade to go to, but I also had to take our sweet daughter to one of her little friend's birthday party. Oh...and I planned on trying to squeeze a little Christmas shopping into the day as well......OK, so I'm back to the story at hand.....sorry....sometimes I go off in tangents ( actually a lot ;)   So as I was walked out the door to get into my car to leave, this is what I saw in my yard 


Goats....yes it is not uncommon to see goats here on the farm, but they are generally supposed to be in the pasture on the other side of the fence.  I didn't hire them, on that day, to do a little landscaping.....oh no....they decided to get out to sample the acorns and all things green on the other side.  

So there I was.....sort of dressed up.... well, by dressed up I mean: my hair was washed and dried, makeup was applied, my nice jeans ( you know the ones without all of the manure stains, holes etc.on them), my nice boots ( you know the ones without all of the stuff mentioned before on them).  I felt pretty good.....I was dressed and ready to go and would have arrived right on time. 



BUT, the goats had to be back in a safer area than in my yard and the highway.....So I proceeded to wave my arms (like a crazy lady) while running towards them to get them headed down the road in the right direction.  Those acorns must have been really good because they paid me no mind.  I ended up taking my jacket off and swinging around by one of the arms to "shoo" them in the right direction.  I swear if we had a video camera here, we could totally win some funny video contests.  This place has produced many, many, many, funny situations; even if they didn't seem so funny at the time. 


The goats did oblige me on this day to keep all of the passers-by from thinking I had lost my mind waving that jacket around swinging it like something gone mad. All I could think about was that I was not going to make it in time to the parade; but after much hooting and hollering and swinging my jacket, those goats were put back in a secured area. 


There is truly never a dull moment around here.  That is what living on a farm is all about!  Oh and by the way, I made it to the parade just in time to see my family.  You may already know that because I posted a video of them, but I just had to share my event for that day.....

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)