Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Lucky Turtle


Can you look at this photo and tell why this is one lucky turtle? Look closely..... I'll give you a hint:  Dillon has decided that it is his duty to rid the pond of all turtles and snakes. 

Our ponds are full of these creatures.  At any given time, you can see their sneaky little heads pop up out of the water, and then disappear just as quickly.  I've been told that they eat on the fish in the pond, so I really don't like them even more.  A couple of years ago Shane bought a pile of bream fingerlings and put them in the pond with hopes for us to be able to have some good fishing.  Between the Blue Herons and turtles, I don't think those little fish stand a chance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)