Thursday, March 24, 2011

Anatolian Shepherd puppies

Our puppies are getting out and about.  I tell you, these are the cutest little things.  It's so hard for me not to pick one up and bring it to the house with me. 

This one below has won me over with his face. 
 

I'm telling you, it is SO hard for me to let this one be a livestock guardian dog.  I think he would be just fine right in our home guarding it.  Just look at this face.....

I know, I know.....A 200 pound Antaolian Shepherd wouldn't be a practical pet for our home.  We tried to have a "pet" LGD before.  It didn't work out.  It wasn't fair for her to get to go in and out of all of the pastures to mingle with our other LGDs.  She literally teased them.  She would climb over the gate and get in with them, just to show them it was "ok" to climb back out without getting in trouble.  We had to send her to a home without any other LGD's so she could just be a pet. 

I love this little gal too.  I got to experience her first attempts to stand in the world.  I tried to video it to share with everyone, but the wind was really blowing yesterday.  It messed up the sounds terribly.  Hopefully I'll get the chance again.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you can resist that one.....I know I wouldn't be able to. If I wanted a big dog....I'd have to have him/her. That little face is just precious!

    I found out what a baby goats head and breath smell like.......goat milk!!! I love it! Our little ones are doing good, and provide us with hours and hours of baby goat watchings! I get such a kick watching them jump and play! I love that our little Dwarf Nigerians like them too....even the buck. Our nubian still hasn't kidded yet, but it's any minute now. Can't wait to see what those little kids will look like.

    The doeling has one ear that has started to fall forward....ask Shane if he wants my to tape it so the cartilage will make it stand back up? The little buck's ears curve just a littel at the tips and stand straight up. The doeling is the most adventurest....she does everything first. And both of them are very friendly! They have already grown! It's amazing.

    talk to you later...

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)