Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Sight For Sore Eyes

For a while, I've been out and about only seeing dry, extremely dusty ground and parched crispy grass. I have been wondering if we were ever going to get any rain. It had rained all around us last week....like 5 miles from our place would get a good drenching........ with us getting zero, zilch, nada! It would get dark and cloudy and the humidity in the air would be so thick it would be hard to take in a deep breath of that sticky air. I just knew that it was going to rain......only to see all of that blow right on over us without giving us one. little. tiny. drop.  I would've been happy with enough to just settle the dust, it didn't have to make big puddles everywhere.

what a sight!

Well, that has changed.  Hallelujah!  Thank you Lord!  For the past 2 days we've been getting some of that much needed rain! That puddle above is such a sight for sore eyes.  We've got several of those around here, and I am one happy lady about that situation!  My prayers are going up  for those farmers desperately needing the rain for their crops.  I know it would be such a relief for them too...

2 comments:

  1. So proud for you all. We have finally gotten over 2 inches. Saw that man of yours on the way home yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa Bear,
    Glad to hear that you got some rain too! Thanks for stopping by our blog!


    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)