Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Horse Ramblings

Just an update for those that were asking about how Ginger is doing. This is the most recent photo that I've taken of her. She has come a looong way since she first came to us. I am really enjoying learning how to teach ground manners by watching YouTube and then turning around and putting them to use with her. She's still a little weary of anything strange, but she's getting better.  She does catch on to her lessons pretty quick. I never thought that I'd enjoy it so much.  I think I may have to keep her!

New pic of Ginger

I mentioned in a prior post about Shane getting a new filly that is a full sister to our Little Rock.  He is having to work with her a good bit.  She doesn't want to be caught at all.   It's giving him a little extra to do; you know, since he doesn't have anything else to keep busy.  :) 

Shane working with Rockette
I've been busy with working with Ginger, trying to start running ( a whole other story in itself ), and I'm also in the process of answering "interview questions" about our farm.  Exciting things are going on around here.  Hope to get back into the swing of things with this blog.  Hope y'all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, your mare Ginger is looking great. I'm pretty sure that brand on her neck is a mustang brand...meaning she was adopted at one time from the BLM program. That might explain why she is skittish...she may not have had a bad experience, besides the no food or water, but still a little bit "mustangish". :) Good job with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked closer at her photo...maybe that is just white hair from a scar...lol...not a BLM freeze brand. Either way...good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! Shane and I have had the same discussion about whether or not that the patch of white hair is a freeze brand or not :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)