Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Few Summer Snapshots

Well I haven't been  present in the blogger world very much this summer. I thought I'd share a few snapshots from our summer, that I've happened to capture with my phone.

Shane being the "grill master" for family get-togethers

The kids decided to have a sweet tea stand (we didn't have any lemonade).

I have to mention that we live in an very rural area.  Hardly any traffic comes through our area.  On this particular day, there was quite a bit of traffic.  The kids made a whole $33 at their sweet tea stand.  They also ended up selling Kool Aid too.  At first I thought it would last for a few minutes until they realized there would be no customers.  Boy was I surprised!  They picked the right day to have their stand set up.  I had to end up going inside to make many more pitchers of  sweet tea.  We even ran out of ice.  It was a very busy day. 

Hard workin fellas

We went to my mom's house to pick snap beans several times

One hard-workin girl


I was able to can 21 quarts of snap beans.  This was my first time to do this.

Fence-work on the back 40 is still going on.  It's almost complete

The kids earned KikoBuck$ at the AKGA convention. 
Since earning the KikoBuck$, Dillon has become the proud new owner of his very own registered kiko.  He came home from the AKGA convention ready to start his own herd.  He's been working around the farm helping Shane to save up money to buy his own goats.  He said his goats are gonna "smoke" our goats ( as in perform better than ours in the pasture).  I told him to bring it on!

A little fishing has been done too!

I've also canned tomatoes, and my plants are still producing! 

Ordering school supplies to get ready for our new adventure!

We've even done some traveling.  I plan on adding photos from our recent trip to Ohio.

There's even been some horse riding going on. 
I hope your summer has been as fun filled as ours. I really do hope to get back to getting more frequent blog posts. I apologize to those of you who are faithful readers of this blog.  Mr. AWS and Mr. Mike, I promise to get a few more posts rolling along :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)