Friday, February 24, 2012

Fried Snake

The past couple of days we've been having extremely windy weather. When the winds pick up like they have been doing, it's not uncommon to find some limbs that have fallen on our electric fence. Last night when I went outside, I could hear the fence popping. It sounded like a small limb had landed on it somewhere in the pasture across the road. I made a mental note to go out in the morning and remove the limb. 

This morning as I went to find where the limb was located on the fence; I quickly found out, that in fact, it had not been a limb touching the fence. This is what I found.......still popping each time the current pulsed down the wire..... 


fried snake

Somehow this snake slithered up the fence just right and crossed over the electric wire and ended up getting zapped.  I'm not sure what kind of snake it is, but a snake is a snake........I don't like any of them!  So I had to proceed with a very looooong  stick to remove it.  I just shuddered having to think about it again...

Happy Friday Everybody!  Have A Great Weekend!  ( Now that you've seen a creepy snake photo :) 

3 comments:

  1. OOOOh! Could it be a copperhead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I would have to read this right before bedtime! I'm not liking those red marks on it. Red means nasty evil poison if I remember my snake stuff! RUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I thought it was a copperhead too because of the coloring, but Shane said it wasn't. The head was very small and it had small round black eyes.

    Lana, sorry you had to see it before bedtime. Hopefully it will be erased from your memory before you fall asleep.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)