Sunday, May 2, 2010

Seeing some improvement

The cow that has been immobile from the difficult delivery has finally started improving. I have given her a shot of Dexamethasone and Shane picked up a clamp at the vet's office. It clamps on her hook bones and she is lifted up with the tractor. This causes her to stand up and try to get her to put some weight on those legs. We have to do that twice a day for 30 minutes. After her second time having it done, she was able to stand for a few minutes without the clamp on. Today Shane walked me through how to hook her up (I'll be doing it this week while he is at work) and she stood up real well. After I removed the clamp she continued to stand on her own for almost 4 hours. I am just amazed at the progress she has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)