Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Easiest Cornbread Dressing Ever!

This is a post that I shared last year at Thanksgiving.  It's hard to believe that it's almost that time again!  I thought I would re-post for those that may be interested in trying out this recipe.  I had several people that tried it last year and told me they would never go back to making it the "old-fashioned" way again.



For those of you that have been asking for the recipe for crock pot dressing, here it is:



4  cups of deboned chicken (I usually cook a chicken in the rotisserie and use the meat from that; store- bought chicken would be easier!  I love WalMart's rotisserie chickens)
6  cups of cornbread crumbled
9  slices of white bread torn into pieces
1  small onion, chopped in the mini food chopper ( I don't like the big hunks)
3  stalks of celery, chopped in the mini food chopper ( again, I don't like the big hunks)
3 1/2 cups of chicken broth ( I have frozen chicken broth stored for this ) or you can use 2-14oz. cans of chicken broth.
2  cans of cream of chicken soup
4  large eggs
1/2  tsp pepper
1/4  tsp salt
2  tsp ground sage

Mix all of these ingredients in a large (very large) bowl.  Then put it in a greased 5-6 qt crock pot.  Then cut up 1 stick of butter into "pats" and arrange on the top of the mixture.  Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or High for 4 hours.  Stir well before serving.  

Ever since I have used this recipe, it is the most requested dressing...... It stays so moist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)