Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What's Happening

Please accept my apologies for my absence here in blogger world. I've been mentally unavailable lately. My mother has been in the hospital for a couple of weeks due to a complication from gallbladder surgery. She had a perforated bowel and it went untreated for several days, which in turn made her one sick lady. She has gotten better over the last several days.....so thankful to God for answered prayers!

Baseball is still in full swing. I feel like we have practically lived in Hattiesburg this whole past month. This girl below here doesn't really enjoy watching the game so much, but she really loves all of the snacks that I pack for her to munch on during the game.

Trying to be a supportive fan
This baseball boy is actually getting a break this week from baseball due to this week being the "BIG state tests" week.  This morning he said he was so nervous about taking the test.  They have literally been preparing and teaching them for this test since last year.  It's seems like he has the weight of the world on his little shoulders.  The school has really stressed how important these test scores are to them, and he feels the pressure.  I tried to tell him this morning that it's all going to be okay and that all I ask of him is to give it his best. 

The clover is blooming and filling the air with such a sweet fragrance.  The bees are busy buzzing all over the place in a frenzy.  It's amazing how many bees are in our pastures.

I wish you could scratch and sniff!

We've gotten some rain lately which caused the clover to sprout up pretty tall, so we've turned out the cows and goats into one particular pasture to get it knocked down before it kills off our summer grass by smothering it out.  They have done a pretty good job of getting that done. It's amazing how well the cows and goats can work together ;)


In the middle of all the craziness, we managed to go pick up our cabinets for our kitchen at Hood's Discount Home Center in Gulfport.  They have some really nice and helpful folks that went above and beyond to help us.  Hopefully I will be getting some pictures of our kitchen progress soon.  



Hope yall have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your mom. That had to be a pretty dangerous situation. Glad she is on the mend. We have had rains here too, so the corn is growing, and we just got back in the field yesterday to try and finish up the beans. IF the weather holds, we should be done planting by Wednesday or so! Woo! Meanwhile, I'm trying to help break those darned 4-H calves. I blogged about it today because I had it in my head that I was going to walk Ladybug, who, until yesterday, had only one unsuccessful attempt at walking behind a tractor. We did ok, but we need to keep at it before I will let Kendal have at her. Don't think she's ready for that big of a tug of war yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)