Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The case of the missing RX

Yesterday, I couldn't find my thyroid medication anywhere.  I usually put it near the kitchen sink so I'll remember to take it first thing in the morning.  I'm not very good about taking it consistently, so this has been the best option.......except for yesterday.  I searched high and low, or so I thought.  I made so many trips back and forth looking for it that I just about got dizzy.  Last night when I went to bed, I still hadn't been able to find it. 

This morning I searched again, with no results.  Then it hit me to look in the cabinets where our cups are.  And voila!  There it sat.... I don't remember putting it there, but I'm certain that I did it.  If I had only needed to get a cup for the kids from that side, I would've found it. 

It's not the first case of something being put where it doesn't belong. One morning I was looking for the syrup for Dillon and Mallory to put on their pancakes. I knew that just 1 hour earlier Shane had used it for his pancakes. Just as I was about to give up searching, I found it in one of the craziest places. I had put it in the cabinet in my utility room with the laundry detergent. I have to say in my defense, that my pantry cabinets are in the same room, so it wasn't like I took it to another room. I seem to be doing so many things absent-minded. I think it's caused from trying to think ahead of something I have to do later while doing something else.  Maybe it will get better, or who knows what else with get misplaced around here.

1 comment:

  1. I take so many things that I use little tackle boxes. I wouldn't know If I didn't take something. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)