Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Country Girl's Creamery


A few months ago, we noticed this milk in a cooler at our small little hardware store, which is close to our kid's school.  It was a little more expensive than the milk we purchase at the grocery store, but we didn't have to drive 20+ miles to go get it.  It was convenient for us, so we decided to try it since we were close to running out of milk at home.  Ever since that day, we haven't gone back to any other brand of milk.  This milk is pasteurized but not homogenized, so all of the cream will rise to the top.  All you have to do is give it a little shake, and you are ready to go!  It is the best tasting milk ever !  Here is a video that I found that talks about the dairy farm that produces this milk.  It isn't very far from where we live.  We really like supporting local businesses, and this milk is definitely worth it.  (They also have other dairy products available).
 


2 comments:

  1. Cool! Now I have to remember the dif between homogenized and pasteurized. Dang! Sounds good though. Glad you found a yummy, closer alternative. I know all about driving far for groceries. I try to make do at local store for most of the necessities, then make the haul once a week or every two weeks for the produce and bulk stuff. Trying right now to use out of the pantry and freezers, yes I said freezerS, one for meat and one for fruits/veggies. I know, I shake my head at myself sometimes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watched the video! VERY cool! It sounds just the tiniest bit fattening, but absolutely delicious! Wish we were closer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)