Friday, June 22, 2012

Hole in the Pond Dam

Can you guess why I'm taking this picture?


Look closer.....Do you notice anything in the dark hole?



Jael had 4 pups yesterday.  She dug this hole in the side of our pond dam and made a little cave for her pups to live in.  It is amazing how instinctive these dogs are.  She is our oldest female Anatolian Shepherd that we have in the pasture with our main doe herd.  She is 7 1/2 years old. 

Here is a shot of her in the "cave" with her pups.  This is the best my camera will get.  Just look at that pup on the right.   It just happened to be moving onto its back when I took the picture.


Isn't that just the sweetest little thing?


1 comment:

  1. How resourceful! It's probably much cooler in there provided the pond doesn't rise quickly! Good Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing from my readers :)